October 29, 2012

Happy Halloween!

For Halloween this year James and I were skeletons! I was super excited about this because I wanted to make it myself and so I had been planning it for awhile and it definitely took longer than I expected! I loved how they turned out and here is how my process went!

Went to Target and got 2 long sleeved plain black cotton shirts

For James I got long plain black pajama pants and black leggings for me

I bought a white fabric pen to outline the bones and white acrylic paint to fill in the bones

I bought acrylic paint since it's the cheapest kind of paint but fabric/textile paint would work out better because the acrylic paint makes the fabric stiff and easy to crack. So I outlined the the shape of the bones with the pen because it turned out not to show up on the fabric very well and then I painted in the acrylic paint to really make the white paint show up


The whole time I just pulled up pictures online to use as a reference which really helped me along the way. This is how mine turned out in the end!

This is the skeleton makeup I used as a reference to follow from Pinterest -- Skeleton Makeup


The final product! I didn't have enough time to finish the back of the costume but we're definitely keeping these to use again sometime and I can always finish them later. 

Total cost of the costume : 
2 shirts & 2 pants - $39.19
Paint pen - $3.99
2 bottles of acrylic paint - $5.98
Face paint - $3.98

Grand total - $53.14

Not too bad for two costumes! I love being able to see what other people come up with and what they can create!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...