October 3, 2012

Peter Pan Bows

I am almost finished with my Peter Pan inspired mod dress I am making for a class. I found this beautiful floral/polka dot pattern to go perfectly with my dress and I am so in love with it right now I decided to add to the dress and make bows I found on Pinterest. The full directions on how to make the bows are here -- Bow Tie Tutorial

I believe bows add that classy and girly touch to any outfit. Just add a clip or snap to a homemade bow and you can put it in your messy bun or at the collar of a dress and voila! Classy lady.

Here's how it went for me


The lovely fabric I picked out from Hobby Lobby


1st. Cut out a 9in x 4in piece of fabric and 2.5in x 1.5in 


2nd. Fold piece of fabric in half and sew up 2 sides, then flip inside out, iron and sew up the 3rd side


3rd. Pinch fabric together and use hot glue to tack it down


4th. Use the smaller piece of fabric to wrap around the bow and tack down with hot glue


Here is the finished product! Can't wait to use these in my hair or add to a simple colored dress.
I had simplified directions on here just to show the process, but they are much easier to follow using the link I provided above!


My Peter Pan inspired dress that is not yet completed, but I thought someone would look adorable with this dress on and a bow in their hair to go along with it. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...